Baking With Cardboard/paper Cupcake Cups

Baking By katielb Updated 9 Jul 2013 , 11:38am by matthewkyrankelly

katielb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katielb Posted 6 Jul 2013 , 7:59am
post #1 of 8

Im really hoping to get some advice from those of you that use the cardboard/paper cupcake cups (such as this) Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.0.1.M2a

As these aren't fluted they dont fit into any of the cupcake pans that I own.  I have placed them on a baking tray and popped them into the oven which seems to have worked fine but I was just wondering what others do.  Is there a cupcake pan you can buy that has straight sides that these cups would fit into?
Also, when I use these cups and bake on a baking tray, I never get nice, even tops as I do using fluted liners in a fluted cupcake pan (the traditional sort which always produce a lovely even dome/surface).  Any ideas why this may be the case?  All I can think is that the heat isnt being distributed as evenly???

Looking forward to any tips :)

TIA

7 replies
Declansmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Declansmama Posted 7 Jul 2013 , 3:45am
post #2 of 8

AThere is no picture :-(

katielb Posted 7 Jul 2013 , 4:51am
post #3 of 8

opps, bugger.  There was when I posted the comment :(
Thanks for letting me know Declansmama :)

Here is the pic I was referring to 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.0.1.M2a

katielb Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 3:41am
post #4 of 8

Just bumping...

Isnt there anyone out there that can enlighten me? icon_sad.gif

slapsappyhappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slapsappyhappy Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 12:38pm
post #5 of 8

AAre you supposed to bake in them or are they just for decoration? Would you be able to bake in a normal cupcake wrapper or just in the pan and put them in those after baking? Just curious bc I have used some decorative cupcake wraps around regular ones but the decorative ones were lacy and not solid like those.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 8 Jul 2013 , 12:51pm
post #6 of 8

All of the similar ones I use are meant to stand on their own and be placed on a baking sheet.  That is one of the reasons they cost more.

katielb Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 6:04am
post #7 of 8

Slapsappyhappy you are supposed to bake in them, and they are great as they give a nice shape and height however I just cant get the tops even.  Ive seen the cupcake wraps (which are gorgeous) but the cups im talking about are a different product :)

Matthewkyrankelly, out of curiosity, when you bake them with them do you get nice rounded tops/domes?

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 9 Jul 2013 , 11:38am
post #8 of 8

I will preface my answer with the fact that I used them for one special event and used one particular recipe.    They did not bake nicely.  I couldn't use about 30% of what baked for various cosmetic reasons.  However, the recipe was very temperamental.  That could have been the cause.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%