how do i do ruffles like this picture?

Decorating By whaleflower Updated 4 Jul 2013 , 10:39pm by sweettreatsbysandra

2 replies
dganna Posted 4 Jul 2013 , 8:15pm
post #2 of 3

Hope this blog by Lesley Wright, aka englishcakelady, aka Royal Bakery, helps.

sweettreatsbysandra Posted 4 Jul 2013 , 10:39pm
post #3 of 3

I think it's a pleat, not a ruffle. You can do it by cutting a long strip of fondant and then folding in half (lengthwise) then wrap it around the cake. I took a craftsy course (pleats, drapes, ruffles) and the teacher was showing how to get that look in a cake. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%