Cake Lifter

Decorating By chezzabelle Updated 4 Jul 2013 , 1:26am by yortma

chezzabelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chezzabelle Posted 3 Jul 2013 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 8

AI am just wondering what everyone uses to lift big cakes? I just broke a 12" due to lifting it by hand :-( didnt realise how fragile it was as the biggest i had done until today was a 10" lol any advice or tips would be great :-)

7 replies
DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 3 Jul 2013 , 8:37pm
post #2 of 8

AWhen filling or torting or moving? I use extra cake boards to help move while assembling. For stacking, I use n off set spatula

chezzabelle Posted 3 Jul 2013 , 8:42pm
post #3 of 8

AI was transfering it from tje cooling rack to the cake board and it just broke :-(

rjcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rjcakes Posted 3 Jul 2013 , 8:52pm
post #4 of 8

I had a coupon for AC Moore and bought the big Wilton big lifter - it's about 8 inches by 10 inches. Usually I don't buy alot of Wilton products but this is great - it's heavy duty metal with a rubber handle - very easy to use and easy to slide under a cake or between layers to lift them. Sorry your's broke!

chezzabelle Posted 3 Jul 2013 , 8:54pm
post #5 of 8

AWas looking at the wilton one online just a minute ago maybe i should get one of them, luckily the cake was just for a run through so have stuck it back together lol

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 3 Jul 2013 , 9:06pm
post #6 of 8

The Wilton lifter is awesome!!

It absolutely works. I LOVE it!

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 3 Jul 2013 , 10:16pm
post #7 of 8

AI use a rimless cookie sheet which is much larger than the Wilton lifter so I can also use it with larger sheet cakes etc.

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 4 Jul 2013 , 1:26am
post #8 of 8

I have a great 12" offset cake lifter called La Pella Ronde and a 10" that says Norpro on the handle.  I have had them for several years, and don't remember where I got them.  Between the two of them, and sometimes together, I can lift just about anything  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%