Delivering A Large Wedding Cake...to Stack Or Not To Stack Prior To Delivery?

Decorating By rockymtnbaker Updated 3 Jul 2013 , 5:26pm by ellavanilla

rockymtnbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockymtnbaker Posted 3 Jul 2013 , 3:53pm
post #1 of 4

Hello all...

I have a large (8, 4, 16" tiers) wedding cake due in a few weeks. The bride wants the new style of messy buttercream with fondant ribbons around each base. I'm using the SPS stacking system to stack for the first time, so I'm not sure how stable it will be to deliver already stacked. I haven't done a wedding cake in quite a while, and I used to always deliver in parts and stack at the venue. I've got about a 30 minute drive. I'm using SMBC but once it's stacked I don't think it will fit in my fridge unless there is nothing else in there (lol!) Which I can do if I need to, I guess. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your input!

3 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 3 Jul 2013 , 4:24pm
post #2 of 4

Did you mean to put 8-14-16? If it's that heavy I would take it in pieces because I wouldn't want to try to lift it by myself! It might be too heavy for my poor fridge shelf, too. As far as transporting it stacked would be fine, but I'd be more concerned about the weight issue, personally.

rockymtnbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockymtnbaker Posted 3 Jul 2013 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 4

Oops! I meant to write 8, 12, 16" round tiers. D'oh! I was worried about the weight issue as well.

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 3 Jul 2013 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 4

the SPS was designed for customers who wanted to do their own delivery, so it should be fine, but either way will work! what i love about it is that you can grab the top and bottom without touching the frosting at all! don't forget to put the little hole in the bottom of your cardboard rounds.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%