shanter Posted 26 Jun 2013 , 4:06pm
post #1 of 11

The article title: "Is this the Most Jaw-Dropping Wedding Cake Ever"

http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/most-jaw-dropping-wedding-ever-160900366.html

10 replies
bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 26 Jun 2013 , 4:16pm
post #2 of 11

Do you not like it? I think it is pretty awesome. I saw them do one on cake boss. Not for anyone to eat. They tore it apart to get a coin to win a free wedding dress. Eek! As for the other 20, not all that impressed with a lot of them. I could do some of them and I am a total newb. 

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 26 Jun 2013 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 11

I like it. I was just flabbergasted at the size and the detail. I would love to have seen it in person or watch the bakers make it. That would be an education!

CakeRae80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRae80 Posted 26 Jun 2013 , 7:32pm
post #4 of 11

I found that picture on Pinterest first and I pinned it to my cake board.  Not that I would ever attempt to make it, just for the simple fact that you can make cake into anything!  I think that it is awesome that they did it.  I also watched the one Cake Boss did, but I think this one is better then theirs....

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 26 Jun 2013 , 9:27pm
post #5 of 11

AI have to agree that some of the 'jaw dropping' cakes weren't that jaw dropping, though there were some great ones in there. The dress cake is awesome, although I can't imagine it being a very practical option!

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 26 Jun 2013 , 9:32pm
post #6 of 11

It really is stunning, and I agree that I wouldn't say that about the others they show.

The platform it is on might have wheels underneath, but where would you grab the cake to move it around? Or do you have to get down on the floor and push on the platform? Weird.

I did an image search in Google to find out who made it. There were dozens of that picture on Pinterest, but after reading through 6 pages of search results, I failed to find the maker.

bct806 Posted 26 Jun 2013 , 9:57pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanter 

It really is stunning, and I agree that I wouldn't say that about the others they show.

The platform it is on might have wheels underneath, but where would you grab the cake to move it around? Or do you have to get down on the floor and push on the platform? Weird.

I did an image search in Google to find out who made it. There were dozens of that picture on Pinterest, but after reading through 6 pages of search results, I failed to find the maker.

I think it was made in Asia. It says Digu at the bottom. I saw one on a Facebook site once. $9000 cake and feed 2000 people.

cakefat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefat Posted 27 Jun 2013 , 12:03am
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bct806 

I think it was made in Asia. It says Digu at the bottom. I saw one on a Facebook site once. $9000 cake and feed 2000 people.

digu.com is sort of like a pinterest in Taiwan or something...so I don't think this cake was made in Asia. also actual real (western style) wedding cake is a very new trend (most Chinese weddings still won't have them (as the older guests will not like them)  or will have a fake cake for looks instead)..I'm exampling "Chinese' as this site is in mandarin. I think someone was just posting this photo on digu.com...that is what I'm assuming...but who knows.

HELLOsamii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HELLOsamii Posted 27 Jun 2013 , 2:47am
post #9 of 11

Was one made out of cheese and fruit? I love the dress cake. I think they should have said NON Trad. cakes, but some of them and really amazing. Like the "UP" one.  Is there a video to the one with Cake Boss? 

sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 27 Jun 2013 , 3:00am
post #10 of 11

The dress-cake is amazing! I like the split cake too. Not really sure why the boggle cake was included in a "jaw-dropping" slideshow.

bct806 Posted 27 Jun 2013 , 7:35am
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLOsamii 

Was one made out of cheese and fruit? I love the dress cake. I think they should have said NON Trad. cakes, but some of them and really amazing. Like the "UP" one.  Is there a video to the one with Cake Boss? 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%