Small Town Pricing

Business By MajesticCupcakes Updated 6 Nov 2013 , 5:02pm by uptownbaker

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 9:37pm
post #61 of 65

Is that what you did?  Or what you are doing in a 6/8 version...because that looks like a 6/10 to me?      And you shouldn't identify your pricing with "home bakery prices".   You should have pricing that justifies your expenses and labor...not "home bakery" pricing.  

Regardless.....$110 for that cake in a 6/8 version with the bow, topper, stars on wires, wrap border is super duper too cheap.  No matter where your small town is. 

My opinion.

to add...I also think you need to be competitive with your local bakeries...so your pricing should also fit into that. 

eatcakes13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatcakes13 Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 9:43pm
post #62 of 65

AIt's a cake I was planning on doing in a 6/8 version. I have years of baking and decorating but only for family & friends. Just recently started small business endeavor so pricing is hard for me... Which I see a lot of people have pricing questions...

uptownbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
uptownbaker Posted 6 Nov 2013 , 3:30am
post #63 of 65

APeople often want something for nothing, because they know they can get it. Two weeks ago in my small town I saw someone offer to make a 3-tier cake with far more detail than the one pictured above for $70! I was floored.

eatcakes13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatcakes13 Posted 6 Nov 2013 , 3:19pm
post #64 of 65

A

Original message sent by uptownbaker

People often want something for nothing, because they know they can get it. Two weeks ago in my small town I saw someone offer to make a 3-tier cake with far more detail than the one pictured above for $70! I was floored.

That is ridiculous!!!

uptownbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
uptownbaker Posted 6 Nov 2013 , 5:02pm
post #65 of 65

Granted the person wanting the cake was a little skeptical and continued to discuss the cake with me, but at that point they thought a reasonable price would be something like $90.00.  Needless to say, I couldn't do that.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%