Question About Cupcake Storage

Baking By sixinarow Updated 13 Jun 2013 , 9:58pm by imagenthatnj

sixinarow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sixinarow Posted 13 Jun 2013 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 3

I've been searching the threads but I'm confused!!  I've read conflicting threads on where to store cupcakes and when to put the toppers on. I was planning on baking and frosting with buttercream Friday night. I have 50/50 fondant/modeling chocolate toppers that are dark colors (red and dark blue) that I'm wondering when to put on? I don't want the colors to bleed into the white buttercream so I was thinking to store in the fridge, but I read that was a cupcake no-no. Pick-up is at 11 Saturday morning, but my kids have a swim meet until 10, so I would like to do as much beforehand as possible.

How much can I do Friday night and how do I store them overnight -- in fridge or in cake box on counter? When should I put the fondant/modeling choc decorations on the buttercream?

Thanks for your help!

2 replies
imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 13 Jun 2013 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 3

The fridge will dry your cupcakes. It's better if you keep them in a cake box on the counter. Many people put the cupcakes in the box, then do the buttercream swirl.

Can you put the fondant/modeling chocolate decorations at the last minute? Just before they get picked up?

Hope more people come to your help.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 13 Jun 2013 , 9:58pm
post #3 of 3

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%