"enhancing" Pillsbury Devil's Food Cake Mix With Pudding In The Box

Baking By eatcravelove Updated 8 Jun 2013 , 12:53am by newbe86

eatcravelove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatcravelove Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 5:52am
post #1 of 4

I have seen more than one person post this question on different threads but no one really gave a straight answer. So here goes my question - I am wanting to try to enhance a box mix as I have been having trouble with my fav scratch chocolate recipe as of late and don't want to take any chances this week. I have Pillsbury Moist Supreme Devil's Food Cake with the pudding in the mix. Anyone have any experience with this brand and which enhancer recipe I should use? It will be a 3 tier wedding cake with the top and bottom to be Devil' Food. I have not used a box mix since I was a teen and usually bake everything from scratch. I have see many posts from those who swear by the reliability of a doctored mix and would appreciate any info please.icon_smile.gif Thank you in advance

3 replies
flourgirlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourgirlz Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 4

That's the brand I use.  I make the AMAZING Chocolate WASC cake found in the recipes here, except I also add a box of instant chocolate fudge pudding.  It's very good!!

eatcravelove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eatcravelove Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 1:21pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you flourgirlz, I wasn't sure if adding more pudding to this brand would ruin it.

newbe86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newbe86 Posted 8 Jun 2013 , 12:53am
post #4 of 4

I just baked a chocolate cake for my boyfriend's birthday and I added a box of instant pudding, it was delicious! His mom (who is a chef) even complemented me on the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%