Lorann Princess Cake And Cookie Emulsion

Baking By BatterUpCake Updated 7 Jun 2013 , 7:27pm by BatterUpCake

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 5 Jun 2013 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 14

Anyone tried it in icing? Specifically IMBC? Just made my first WASC cake and trying to find something to really go well with it. Bride is insistant no filling and white icing only.

13 replies
scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 5 Jun 2013 , 10:37pm
post #2 of 14

I've used it in IMBC, but just enough to give a hint of the flavouring, you have to be careful, the flavour can get overpowering really quickly. Since it is a baking emulsion it is more potent than an extract, so I'd start with 1/4 teaspoon for a single batch of IMBC.

BatterUpCake Posted 5 Jun 2013 , 11:12pm
post #3 of 14

This is my IMBC recipe...how much do you think I should use?

BatterUpCake Posted 5 Jun 2013 , 11:32pm
post #4 of 14

Also I replace 1/2 lb of the butter  with high ratio shorening to make it more stable in the heat

scrumdiddlycakes Posted 5 Jun 2013 , 11:38pm
post #5 of 14

Your recipe didn't show up, but I use one almost identical to the IMBC recipe on Joe Pastry, and for a single batch of that I use about 1/3 teaspoon if I remember correctly, but I would just start with 1/4 teaspoon, and keep adding very slowly til it's how you like it.

liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 12:12am
post #6 of 14

I think Princess is supposed to be vanilla, almond and orange - it would probably go OK with WASC.  I would just get a couple spoonfuls of icing out and try out a drop in it and see if you like it.

Liz

SPCOhio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SPCOhio Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 3:28am
post #7 of 14

AI have not used it in my SMBC or ABC but I have used it in my white cake recipe and it was lovely.

cakefat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefat Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 4:38am
post #8 of 14

I've used it before in my IMBC, basically exactly how  the PP instructed. Maybe I used 1 teaspoon to one batch of IMBC...it was a fairly light taste in it.

BatterUpCake Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 12:37pm
post #9 of 14

Sorry Scrum...I forgot to postthe link! But it is a HUGE batch requiring 12 egg whites.

BatterUpCake Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 12:41pm
post #10 of 14

BTW...I had my friend taste the WASC cake yesterday and he said he couldn't taste the almond and it was chewy and was not my best work...lol. I found it scumpcious and perfectly dense. I guess it's not for everybody.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 2:56pm
post #11 of 14

AWasc is not for me, either. I find it heavy, wet, sour and chewy. Inedible! I used to modify with just a half a pack of pudding, and use milk Instead of water, and an additional egg. Heavier, and denser, but not wet and slimey.

BatterUpCake Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 3:37pm
post #12 of 14

Well I have to say it is better than any wedding cake I have ever tasted. Wedding cakes are usually lovely but unless you are paying to go to a top bakery you usually get a dry cake.

scrumdiddlycakes Posted 6 Jun 2013 , 4:29pm
post #13 of 14

I don't make WASC, but I have tried a few, some like anna was describing, just plain nasty. They tasted almost rubbery and sort of chewy, with a weird aftertaste. Then I have tried a couple that were delicious and dense without being 'gloopy'. (best way I could describe the bad texture, lol)

I agree with liz about trying a small amount before doing your entire batch of butter cream with the emulsion, just in case you don't like it. I think it would pair well with the almond cake though, assuming the almond isn't too strong.

BatterUpCake Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 7:27pm
post #14 of 14

Ok..so I made my decision and OMG pure heaven!!! I decided to use the IMBC as a filling between layers and used the Princess emulsion adding it a little at a time until I could just taste the citrus. It was really good but when I put it on the cake and had a slice it just melted in my mouth. I have NEVER liked white cake and thougt this recipe was really good but too sweet. The IMBC is so light and fluffy and not too sweet. Paired with this cake I could eat it everyday! Thanks for the advice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%