How Can I Package Up My Cakes To Stop Them From Getting Damaged In The Post

Decorating By hanna2008 Updated 29 May 2013 , 3:59pm by Pyro

hanna2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hanna2008 Posted 29 May 2013 , 12:41pm
post #1 of 2

Hi i need some good advice on the best way to package up a cake. I have recently started sending my cakes through a courier delivery service and one of my cakes got delivered a bit bashed. The customer was ok about it but it wasnt the point. Im not sure if i packaged it up correctly. Basically i got a large cake box and put a cardboard non slip base at the bottom to stop it slipping around. Then sealed up the box and put it in another box with lots of packing chips to support it and air pillows. Then sent it, it was a two tiered fireman sam cake and had a little fireman sam topper on the top.

When it got to my customer i used a next day service the fireman sams head had fallen off and a few sweets had fallen off the cake and a dent in it but other than that was fine.

Can any one help advise me the best way to package up a cake and the best place to buy cake packaging from i live in the uk.

1 reply
Pyro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pyro Posted 29 May 2013 , 3:59pm
post #2 of 2

Unless you froze it rock solid, there's nothing you can do. No matter what you do to protect it, it's how the box ends up being handled that matters. No amount of padding will protect that cake if the carrier flips the box upside down during transit. Which is why close to no one ships cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%