Which Point Of Sale System Do You Use In Your Shop? Cash Register?

Business By ohsugarsweets Updated 20 Jul 2013 , 3:13pm by liz at sugar

ohsugarsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ohsugarsweets Posted 29 May 2013 , 2:06am
post #1 of 5

Hi, I'm trying to get opinions on the best cash register or point of sale system for my bakery. I've looked at so many, but I can't decide. Also, who would you suggest as a credit card payment company? Thanks :)

4 replies
annabananana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annabananana Posted 29 May 2013 , 2:20am
post #2 of 5

AYou can use Square Register for both. I use register for my CC and love it. Though I like the looks of their old app better than the new one. I plan to get the POS system that consists of (your own ) Ipad, a wireless printer and register drawer. Super cool. Right now I have a register that is pretty normal. I don't really like it and it is so heaved.

ohsugarsweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ohsugarsweets Posted 29 May 2013 , 6:43am
post #3 of 5

AI really like the idea of the Square stand, but I'm not a fan of iPads. I tried to call them to find out if a Galaxy tablet would work with it but I didn't reach anyone.

Sarahrs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarahrs Posted 20 Jul 2013 , 12:53pm
post #4 of 5

The biggest mistake one makes while investing in a pos system, is that he doesn't spend enough time evaluating the product and company. It is important to find a product that has proven track record and solid customer database. A right pos software should instantly provide cortical information so you can make adjustments, and maximize profits. Is should be reliable and have a customer support that won't let you down. I would suggest trying this pos software before making a decision.

liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 20 Jul 2013 , 3:13pm
post #5 of 5

Our restaurant has an Aldelo system with two terminals, and one register.  We actually like it a lot, and it was pretty inexpensive for what we got (1 hard drive, 2 touchscreens, 3 printers, 1 cc reader, 2 fingerprint modules, software).  It was about $6000.  It does inventory tracking, sales tracking by item, void tracking, employee scheduling and time keeping (they use their thumbprint to clock in and out), gift cards, etc.  We can tell where we are at at any given time for labor percentages, etc.  But we have 16 plus employees, and this system would be overkill for a smaller business.

My bakery doesn't open until later this year, but I am going to start with Paypal Here on an iPad, with register and printer.  The cost for that combo is around $700, and I think the sales tracking info you can pull from Paypal will be enough for me to start.  If I need to upgrade to a small complete POS system (about $1700) I can do that at a later date.  I know some people hate Paypal, but at 2.70% flat fee for cc transactions, it is as competitive as our local bank.

Liz

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%