Irish Pub Themed Cake Ideas/ Pricing?

Decorating By Piece of Cake Updated 29 May 2013 , 4:13pm by doramoreno62

Piece of Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Piece of Cake Posted 29 May 2013 , 12:22am
post #1 of 5

Hey all! I am making a cake for someone, and these are the only instructions they gave: have the age "25" in it, and make it have some an irish/ pub theme (the party is taking place in an irish pub).. I'm gonna put some pictures up, but I wanted to know if anyone has another other idea/input or has done a cake like this before? I was thinking maybe writing something like "Name's Pub" "Est. *birth year*" ?

Also- I was wondering if you could help me price it out?

4 replies
doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 29 May 2013 , 1:34am
post #2 of 5

That pic looks great! For more of a "wow" factor how about using the old dowel holding up a pouring

beer can trick? It's super easy, very impressive and wows them every time!

Piece of Cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Piece of Cake Posted 29 May 2013 , 1:55am
post #3 of 5

WOW! That's such a great idea.. pretty easy with a huge wow factor!

first- what would you charge for the cake you suggested?

second- how much would you charge for a sheetcake with a fondant "crest" that says 'names pub' and "est. in birth year' (customized for the birthday boy) 

rachzmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rachzmith Posted 29 May 2013 , 7:35am
post #4 of 5

APlease could you tell me how you made the 49ers cake and what's the bubbles on the top made from?

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 29 May 2013 , 4:13pm
post #5 of 5

As far as pricing goes, my price would be totally different from what you should charge. I do not work with fondant. All I work with is a non dairy whipped topping called Pastry Pride. Similar products are Bettercream and Rich's.

Pastry Pride is very inexpensive. It comes in a gallon container and once whipped, I can cover and decorate a simple 3 tiered wedding cake and all for the low price of $13. Fondant is so much more expensive than that. So that's why my pricing would not compare to yours.

Rachzmith, That whole cake, including the foam on top, is frosted in Pastry Pride.

That cake is 4  8" rounds stacked and filled then frosted and airbrushed with silver. The logo is an edible image. The handle is gumpaste. A very tall dowel was sharpened and inserted all the way down to the bottom board. An empty can of beer was hot glued to the top of the dowel and then the dowel was covered in more Pastry Pride to simulate the "pour". Really very easy but impressive.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%