Making A Pineapple Cake

Decorating By michelle1980 Updated 29 May 2013 , 1:17pm by LeeBD

michelle1980 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michelle1980 Posted 24 May 2013 , 11:26pm
post #1 of 2

so i am expanding my horizon and doing a cake other than chocolate or white. I am doing a pineapple cake for a client. I made a trial cake and its not so pineapplely. The client would like the pineapple flavour to "burst in the mouth" but without chucks.

The following is the recipe I used. I do not have access to Pineapple flavouring or cake (I have looked everywhere - live in Toronto)

If anyone knows of a better recipe or how to tweek this one that would be great. PS the client wants a sponge cake.

6 eggs

1 cup white sugar (i used 3/4 cup), but will use the full 1 cup this time round

1/4 cup water

1 tsp lemon extract (omitted)

1 tsp lemon zest (omitted)

1 cup cake flour

1/2 tsp cream of tartar

1/4 tsp salt

* instead of using the lemon I added a can of crushed pineapple and the juice. I was thinking that if I added the lemon extract this time it would bring out the flavour???

I am also doing a pineapple filling, with buttercream icing, and chocolate shavings or a wrap.

or should I use the WASC recipe?

Any suggestions would be great - I thank all those experts in advanced!

1 reply
LeeBD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeBD Posted 29 May 2013 , 1:17pm
post #2 of 2

I make a WASC pina colada cake...I guess you can omit the coconut flavoring if you just want total pineapple.

The pina colada recipe I use.calls for pineapple juice(in place of the water), pina colada yogurt, and pina colada Lorann flavoring.  The only bits of pineapple in the cake are from the yogurt, so not a lot.  Using pineapple yogurt and pineapple Lorann(in place of pina colada flavors)should do the trick. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%