Almonds?

Decorating By TheItalianBaker Updated 22 May 2013 , 4:31pm by TheItalianBaker

TheItalianBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheItalianBaker Posted 21 May 2013 , 4:13pm
post #1 of 6

Sorry I don't know if I posted in the right place..

I'm looking for some almonds, better if they are already crumbled, but I can't find them anywhere!!

I just moved in New Mexico (Santa Fe) from Italy, so I don't know where to go..

thank you

5 replies
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 22 May 2013 , 12:03am
post #2 of 6

I hate to ask the obvious but have you tried the grocery store? Or are you looking for a special type that they don't carry?

TheItalianBaker Posted 22 May 2013 , 2:23am
post #3 of 6

yep i went to Walmart, it's the closer grocery store.. but it's pretty small too, so they dont have almonds, in pieces, crumbled or as flour!

Do you know if I can found what I need at walmart anyways? there is another big one in the city..

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 22 May 2013 , 3:07am
post #4 of 6

Any grocery store in my area carries at least the little bags of them in the baking section, with the chocolate chips/cake mixes/etc.

I don't shop at Walmart so I'm no help there I'm afraid.

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 22 May 2013 , 4:02am
post #5 of 6

My grocery store has them in two places... With the baking stuff, right next to the chocolate chips and such... and over with the fruits and veggies where they have all the dried fruit, trail mixes, and such...

And you are right... the walmart by me also has them at least in the baking isle...

Santa Fe is the capital city... I would imagine it has quite a few grocery stores to choose from... Try asking someone who works at whichever one you go to... they can help you locate what you are looking for...

Heck... even try asking the baking department... I do at my grocery when I need poppy seed... they will sell it to me in one of the small deli containers... I freeze it and it seems to last forever... 

TheItalianBaker Posted 22 May 2013 , 4:31pm
post #6 of 6

thank you everybody!!!! I'm going to check some other stores!! thanks for your answers, I'm brand new in town so I don't really know who I can ask advices to! <3

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%