Scams!

Business By BakerBee7468 Updated 15 May 2013 , 6:33pm by kearniesue

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 8 May 2013 , 8:31pm
post #31 of 37

A

Original message sent by ellavanilla

I wouldn't be worried about face-to-face customers scamming me. I've only had two bounced checks in 8 years and both were from a friend who made a mistake. 

Same here, 2 bounced checks in 4 years/700+ orders. Both bounced checks were mistakes, and the customers quickly paid us the amount they owed plus the bounced check fee. About 80% of our customers paid by check, the rest paid cash.

BakerBee7468 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerBee7468 Posted 8 May 2013 , 10:08pm
post #32 of 37

I've heard about the hearing impaired scams wanting you to send them money and ship a cake, to me that sounds like an outright scam, not only that but it sounds like way to much hassle. i would never ship my products to anyone for one because i couldn't guarantee quality or the condition it arrives in. Not that these scammers care about the cake they just want the money.

kearniesue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kearniesue Posted 15 May 2013 , 5:42pm
post #33 of 37

So does anyone have experience with using SQUARE for credit cards?  I was thinking about trying them...

BakerBee7468 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerBee7468 Posted 15 May 2013 , 5:48pm
post #34 of 37

A

Original message sent by kearniesue

So does anyone have experience with using SQUARE for credit cards?  I was thinking about trying them...

I have not tried them. I'm going with PayPal. They give u a free card reader

kearniesue Posted 15 May 2013 , 5:50pm
post #35 of 37

Yep, so does SQUARE.  I think they are a little cheaper than PayPal, but I don't know much about them yet - still looking into it.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 15 May 2013 , 6:19pm
post #36 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by kearniesue 

Yep, that is who I use. There is no problem. I type in how much I am charging, swipe the card for 2.75% taken, or punch it in if they are on the phone, and they take 3.25%. They send me a notice and my customer a receipt, IMEADIATLY, and then they typically send me the money the next day. I don't think they send my money on Saturday or Sunday, but I am never so hard up for cash that I need it any sooner. It goes directly to my business account.

I have stopped using PayPal, because the money goes to a PayPal account, and then I have to request it, and it takes days and days to go to my account. I still am not that hard up that I need it sooner, but it is annoying.

kearniesue Posted 15 May 2013 , 6:33pm
post #37 of 37

Cool - thanks, Anna!  I think I'm going to go that route as well.  Cheaper and quicker!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%