Favourite Cake Decorating Books

Decorating By sweettreatsbysandra Updated 3 May 2013 , 11:46am by manddi

sweettreatsbysandra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreatsbysandra Posted 3 May 2013 , 5:21am
post #1 of 5

Hi, everyone! Can you please share your favourite cake decorating books - cakes, modelling figures, etc. I would like to start a collection. Thanks !

So far I have the cake decorating bible by lindy smith, The complete photo guide to cake decorating by carpenter, a few wilton magazines, peggy porschen books.

4 replies
cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 3 May 2013 , 8:26am
post #2 of 5

Funny, I was thinking of starting this exact thread.

Alan Dunn books are beautiful and have good instructions-Ultimate Collection of Cake Decorating has a multitude of different flowers.

Maisie Parrish does fabulous fun figures and cakes.  I have all her books.

Debbie Brown has some good books and her instructions are easy to follow.

There are so many and my library is growing and growing.  My latest addition is Animation in Sugar by Carlos Lischetti.  Another very appealing book.

I suggest you go on to Amazon and put in cake decorating and then read some reviews for books that you like the covers of.  Have fun.  Oh and you don't have to stick to the cake decorating books.  Polymer Clay and plasticine books can be a really good source as well.

Margaret393 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margaret393 Posted 3 May 2013 , 8:52am
post #3 of 5

Fantastic Party Cakes by Mich Turner

Couture Wedding Cakes by Mich Turner

Cake Masterclass - Mich Turner

Sugar Flowers - for beginners - Paddi Clark  brilliant book

Contemporary Cake Decorating Bible - Lindy Smith

20 To Make: Sugar Animals  (paper back) by Francis Mc Naughton

I have a  lots of cake decorating books - many were gifts! The above list are those that I refer to most for - guidance and inspiration!

sweettreatsbysandra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreatsbysandra Posted 3 May 2013 , 11:35am
post #4 of 5

I suggest you go on to Amazon and put in cake decorating and then read some reviews for books that you like the covers of.  Have fun.  Oh and you don't have to stick to the cake decorating books.  Polymer Clay and plasticine books can be a really good source as well.

Thanks for the tip! I didn't think of that! :-)

manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 3 May 2013 , 11:46am
post #5 of 5

AThe art of royal icing by Eddie spence is the best cake book I own. It's a tad pricy(you can find it for around $50 on Amazon or eBay) compared to most but there is sooo much more info packed in it! Worth every penny!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%