Help !! New At Cake What Should I Charge For This Cake

Decorating By redrose12 Updated 1 May 2013 , 10:16pm by redrose12

redrose12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redrose12 Posted 1 May 2013 , 7:13pm
post #1 of 5

I started baking as hobby i am self learner i started  baking cakes for my gran daughter and now i have people asking me to bake for them the little that i know i have learn in here and utube not perfect but some people like it i just don't know how to charge people i made this cake for one of my gran daughter 1 st  birthday it was very hard for me because i dint know how to but i managed i learned from my mistakes i make my cakes home made   the first cake was made Dominican cake 

and the second chocolate Ganesha and the third one red velvet plus i live in a very competitive area a mile from Carlos bakery in hobo ken NJ  700

4 replies
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 1 May 2013 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 5

Very nice job. You need to consider the materials, time & labor, overhead cost just to start.  You don't say how many people this cake served or what size the tiers were and how large of a cake you would be making for the other person.

redrose12 Posted 1 May 2013 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 5

thank you the large cake is a 14 inch the middle one is 10 in and the small is 6 in 

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 1 May 2013 , 8:53pm
post #4 of 5

I can charge (my market will bear) between $275 & $350.00.  Charging for the cake, all the detail labor, all the little toys including the crown with the pic and whatever else I'm not seeing.

redrose12 Posted 1 May 2013 , 10:16pm
post #5 of 5

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH  THIS HELP SO MUCH!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%