Large Orders

Baking By DebJ812 Updated 14 Jul 2013 , 7:52pm by DebJ812

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 18 May 2013 , 12:40am
post #31 of 35

ASeriously get a good friend to help, use two mixers and at least eight cupcake pans. We were baking four trays a a time and got them all done in a half day. The buttercream took the longest just because of the creaming time.

DebJ812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebJ812 Posted 18 May 2013 , 12:49am
post #32 of 35

AI'm ordering two 24 count muffin pans from amazon. Going to bake those bad boys 4 dozen at a time! :)

CrazyCandyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrazyCandyCakes Posted 19 May 2013 , 12:38am
post #33 of 35

AJust an FYI... You can also check with your local grocery store, they sometimes sell the containers cheaper than the cake supply stores!!!

smile22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smile22 Posted 20 May 2013 , 1:17pm
post #34 of 35

i had a huge order for cupcakes i was 3 different cupcakes 24 of each flavor plus i had my cousins sons birthday party that same weekend so it ended up being 96 cupcakes i baked all my cupcakes on saturday plus frosted 2 dozen for my cousins party  the order was for sunday so i spent sunday making all my buttercreams, cinomon spice cream cheese, marshmallow buttercream and chocolate buttercream.. frosted decorated all 72 in less than 2 hours i was like a mad man in the kitchen working as fast as i could it was just me and my kitchenaid mixer ( the regular one not the professional series 

DebJ812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebJ812 Posted 14 Jul 2013 , 7:52pm
post #35 of 35

AUpdate: my large order ended up larger than anticipated--648 cupcakes over two days, 27 dozen each day.

Wed and Thurs--I made the frosting flavors over two nights. Friday night I took my supplies to my friend's house where I would do my baking on Saturday. Friday night I set things up and did a test bake to get a feel for her oven. Saturday was baking day. I made the batter while a friend (who worked for a free cupcake order the week before) filled the pans with liners, filled the liners, and moved cooled cupcakes into clamshell containers. Saturday night I put the 27 dozen for day #2 into the freezer at her house and mine. Sunday I went back to her house and frosted the first 27 dozen. Monday delivered batch #1 and thawed second half of the order. Tuesday--frosted second half of Oder. Wed--batch #2 delivered

All in all it went smoothly! Thanks for the advice! [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3055230/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%