Gluten Free Extended Recipe

Decorating By Pam1976 Updated 1 May 2013 , 1:28am by Baking Queen

Pam1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pam1976 Posted 30 Apr 2013 , 11:32am
post #1 of 6

I need to make a GF chocolate cake.  I was wondering if anyone has bought Betty Crocker or King Arthur GF cake mix before and turned them into an extended recipe by adding pudding mix?   I don't know if this will work.  Can anyone help?  Thanks!!!

5 replies
AnimalGirl91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnimalGirl91 Posted 30 Apr 2013 , 12:21pm
post #2 of 6

I have celiac disease and make the betty crocker choc cake all the time (i order it in), i have added pudding before and it turned out really well but i usually just add sour cream and thats yummy too ) 

Pam1976 Posted 30 Apr 2013 , 4:37pm
post #3 of 6

Thank you for your help!  Do you just add sour cream to the mix and the regular ingredients listed on the box?  If so, how much?

AnimalGirl91 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnimalGirl91 Posted 1 May 2013 , 1:19am
post #4 of 6

AFor one box mix i add about half a cup. and make the box up as normal. minus about 1/4 cup of whatever liquid the box requires. If its too think add that liquid. Remember that the sour cream makes it super moist and it may look undercooked even if its not.

Pam1976 Posted 1 May 2013 , 1:22am
post #5 of 6

AThank you so very much for your help!! :D

Baking Queen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Baking Queen Posted 1 May 2013 , 1:28am
post #6 of 6

AI am gluten intolerant an use king arthurs all-purpose flour. They are quite versatile and are so far the best I've used in my glutenfree experience! Not like other gluten free foods where you can TELL it's gluten free ya know?! Only thing is that you have to add your own xantham gum xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%