Quarterfoil Impression Mat?

Decorating By FromScratchSF Updated 22 Apr 2013 , 2:29am by kikiandkyle

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 20 Apr 2013 , 7:41am
post #1 of 8

Just saw a local competitor's cake, they used a quarterfoil impression mat and it looks awesome - I though I've seen them all (CK, GSA, other supply site that cannot be named) and I've never seen this one.  I must have it.  Any idea where they got it?  I PM'd my friend that did the cake and she confirmed that it's an impression mat of some sort, she has no idea where the owners got it though.  

7 replies
ApplegumPam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 20 Apr 2013 , 11:30am
post #3 of 8

AThat looks like a kitchen back splash. You can make your own impression mat. Get a tile from lowes or home Depot and some amazing mold putty from the lobby of hobbies. Mix the putty as directed and press into the tile. Voilà! Homemade impression mat!

FromScratchSF Posted 21 Apr 2013 , 4:07am
post #4 of 8

It's not a kitchen back splash, and it's not homemade.  But it does look like what was sold on eBay, anyone know where to actually buy it now?

Thanks!

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 21 Apr 2013 , 6:12am
post #5 of 8

AThe lobby of hobbies apparently, as much as it pains me to send them any business

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/a2-quatrefoil-embossing-folder-749713/

FromScratchSF Posted 21 Apr 2013 , 5:43pm
post #6 of 8

That might be it!  I don't have a Hobby Lobby here so I the local hunt continues - I'll check Michaels.  Bummer it's not on Amazon.

manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 21 Apr 2013 , 6:08pm
post #7 of 8

AI didn't say it was a back splash. I just said it looks like one. When you can't find what you're looking for what wrong with a little improv?

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 22 Apr 2013 , 2:29am
post #8 of 8

AIt was available to order online with a 40% off coupon I think, it looks like they have some other patterns that might be interesting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%