How Do I Make A 11" Topper Stand ?

Decorating By Sevellina Updated 15 Apr 2013 , 7:38am by Sevellina

Sevellina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sevellina Posted 1 Apr 2013 , 9:23pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everybody  !

I'm baking a 10 inch cake and would like to add a 11" tall topper in its center (oscar statue).

The topper is made of white chocolate and has a dowel in its center.

I'm concerned the dowel will not be enough to keep the topper upright, what do you think ? Any suggestions on how to secure it ?

Thank you !!

Severine

3 replies
cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 2 Apr 2013 , 1:16am
post #2 of 4

Whoa, that's very tall.  My first thought, would be to glue 2 (or maybe 3) cake drums together with hot glue and then run your dowel though all the cake board layers.  But that's still a lot of height...I would definitely do some testing before the event.

Sevellina Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 1:13pm
post #3 of 4

Hi Cupadeecakes ! Thanks for your suggestion.

I might try that but I'm not sure my dowel is long enough to get through cake AND cake drums though...

So I had this idea today:  what if I replaced the center of my cake with melted chocolate, then add my fondant + topper; and let the chocolate dry rock hard in order to balance the weight ? I suppose it's a physics quizz more than a cake question ! haha

Do you think it's a good idea ?? And if so, how much chocolate do you think I should put ?...

Sevellina Posted 15 Apr 2013 , 7:38am
post #4 of 4

Hi everyone !

Just to let you know I tried the "chocolate iceberg" solution and it worked out perfect. Thanks for your advice.

AppleMark

AppleMark

AppleMark

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%