Wedding Cake Recipe Needed :/

Baking By popkornplaya Updated 26 Mar 2013 , 12:21am by arlenej

popkornplaya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
popkornplaya Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 11:46pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone,

Im quiet new to cakecentral hope this reach for help isn't inappropriate just I have been searching everywhere for the help with no luck. I have been making cakes for couple months and been fine was asked to do a wedding cake today which im always a bit reluctant to do just because it's someone's big day and not sure im at the intracut level yet, but this customer wants a 2 tier wedding cake 1st tier completely plain white icing which is fine and second tier the same with a red rose in middle thats all fine but its to feed 200 people. Had a little look into it and guessing i need a 16" square cake and 14" square cake. This is where my problem starts as all the recipe's for madeira i have only go up to 12" and im not too sure how to multiply recipe's so wondered if anyone had a recipe i could pich or point me in the right direction.

Thank you Glenn

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 12:20am
post #2 of 3
seriously --all you have to do is multiply the amounts in the recipe--very straight forward

also check out this chart -- it gives you good suggestions for pan sizes and batter amounts among other things

so just measure your batter and check the chart and be sure to read the whole thing--lots of good information

wilton wedding cake data chart

arlenej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arlenej Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 12:21am
post #3 of 3

16'' & 14'' doesn't sound too...striking to me How about a 16'' (1 1/2 of your recipe will do this) and a tall 10'' ? (by tall I mean double stacked, properly supported and dowelled) You might need to support your rose by laying it on the lower cake

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%