What Flavour Buttercream Icing?

Baking By cupcake-kitchen Updated 20 Mar 2013 , 11:10am by cupcake-kitchen

cupcake-kitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake-kitchen Posted 20 Mar 2013 , 10:08am
post #1 of 3

AHi all I'm making some creme egg cupcakes for easter next week and will be making it with chocolate sponge with a creme egg baked inside but was wondering what flavour buttercream icing to put with it I don't want to put creme egg icing too as I think it will be too much, do you think vanilla or chocolate icing will work ok with it?

2 replies
Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 20 Mar 2013 , 10:53am
post #2 of 3

Cool idea I hadn't heard of before. Doesn't the creme egg melt before the cake cooks enough to support it?

Is it full sized cupcakes and full sized eggs you are using? I think it depends on how much cake there will be in there and the ratio of cake to egg - if there is not much cake and lots of egg I'd go for chocolate icing, if it is the other way around I think I would go for creme egg icing so that there is about half chocolate half egg flavour, if that makes sense?

Would love to hear more about your recipes and how you would make creme egg buttercream!

cupcake-kitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake-kitchen Posted 20 Mar 2013 , 11:10am
post #3 of 3

AIf you freeze the egg before it stops it melting too quickly. I'm making full sized cupcakes with mini creme egg inside and a creme egg on top too

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%