MaurorLess67 Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 1:11am
post #1 of
So—wish I was still 40 but… Alas Im not—and wow 6 years seems to really make a difference in what was popular while growing up- ha

Looking for ideas to add to a 40th bday cake- stuff that was popular growing up- from young—teens—kind of like a blast from the past cakes—

So far I have—aqua net hairspray, uno, nameplates, ankle bracelets, mtv, black band bracelets, slouch socks—rubix cube (??) magic 8 ball—

Do these ring true? Can anyone add anything?

Mo
10 replies
joyandcake Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 1:33am
post #2 of

Not sure about the Magic 8 Ball but you hit everything else on the head.  Lots of neon!!!!    

Annabakescakes Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 1:38am
post #3 of

Star Wars, Garbage Pail Kids, E.T., Michael Jackson.... Do a fingerless glove covered in Disco Dust!

melanie-1221 Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 2:13am
post #4 of

Cassette tapes, walk-man's, Atari, Strawberry Shortcake ( the way she used to look, not the new teenage looking one )  thumbs_up.gif

FromScratchSF Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 2:21am
post #5 of

Troll Dolls!  I remember my sister had a BILLION of them.

mcmom1962 Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 2:43am
post #6 of

Here is a website that might help,

http://www.thepeoplehistory.com/

You can look up a lot of things for what every year you would like.   You can look up toys, music, movies fashion trends, all kinds of stuff.  

kyliecake Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 11:01am
post #7 of

Bubble gum jeans and DB's (desert boots) and cabbage patch dolls, tie dye shirts, big hair!

MaurorLess67 Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 10:50pm
post #8 of

Omg-- you guys are the best!!! Such great ideas!!!! Whoo hoo- I can get started-- thank you for the link!!

Neon--- wasn't sure where that fit in -- so glad I can use it!!  Yeah I thought the magic 8 ball might been a stretch- I was starting to get desperate- ha!!

hoping this will be a fun cake to make-- we will see- ha

thanks again guys!!

mo

TopTierCake Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 10:52pm
post #9 of

AJelly shoes!

hbquikcomjamesl Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 10:54pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTierCake 

Jelly shoes!

Maybe even made out of something close to REAL JELLY!

VicB213 Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 11:29pm

Duran Duran... that group was really big then.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%