Branbri2003 Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 8:15pm
post #1 of

you just add water and sugar, thought it would be easy.  haven't tried yet, I am using for baby mary jane shoes, maybe bows flowers etc.  Do you think this is good by it self (not to eat) should I make this batch but add MMF also

How long can I make before it doesn't crack...how long un covered before or should I cover while waiting to put on cake.

never use anything but mmf before so this is going to be a test for me.

5 replies
texascakebaker Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 8:22pm
post #2 of

Are you talking about the gum paste mix?

If so, that stuff is terrible, IMO!

It takes a lot of time to knead in the powdered sugar, and it is very hard if you don't microwave it a few seconds every few minutes as you knead.

Also, it's not white! It's tan.

Plus, it stinks...smells like vinegar to me!

I really prefer the Wilton gumpaste that is already made even though it's more expensive.

Branbri2003 Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 8:34pm
post #3 of

I will be coloring it pink, They didn't have any pre made in stock, this is all I got :(  Wonder if I make this half it and then make my mmf and use half that wonder if that would be ok and hold the shoes firm.

kikiandkyle Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 9:59pm
post #4 of

I gave up trying to knead the whole batch that one recipe makes. I break a bit off and knead that into fondant when I need to use it! My batch has stayed good for the last month so far, sealed up very well. 

Branbri2003 Posted 3 Mar 2013 , 1:24am
post #5 of

so you just add maybe a 50/50 and it works...holds it's shape

kikiandkyle Posted 3 Mar 2013 , 5:13am
post #6 of

Yes, I do 50/50. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%