How Do I Get This Textured Look?

Decorating By leannrr Updated 7 Mar 2013 , 9:06pm by leannrr

leannrr Posted 28 Feb 2013 , 3:03pm
post #1 of 7

Do you think this is just piped row by row?  Looks tedius if it is.




6 replies
AnnieCahill Posted 28 Feb 2013 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 7

Yes, and I agree.

Margaret393 Posted 28 Feb 2013 , 4:50pm
post #3 of 7

I agree with AnnieCahill - it is piped on.


From what I can make out in the picture - but can't be sure, is that it looks like a number 2 plain tip or bigger was used for this effect.

Snowflakebunny23 Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 2:57pm
post #4 of 7

That looks like a lot of work! If you could get a cutter in the correct shape, you could always cut out the shapes and ice each one individually over a period of time and then attach them at the last minute?  No less tedious in the long term but at least it would break up the work a bit and gurantee that the pattern is correct.

kikiandkyle Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 3:47pm
post #5 of 7

Would it not be with a rose petal tip in little ruffles?

denetteb Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 3:51pm
post #6 of 7

looks like small rose tip in little ruffles to me also.  Once you had the basic arches laid out the little ruffles would probably go pretty quickly.

leannrr Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 9:06pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks.  Just today I happened to see a similar cake on Martha Stewart and it says they used a petal tip!  Obviously, there are variaions.  I think it could be done with more of a flat sided to look like "ribbon" as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%