Cake Pops For A Funeral

Decorating By suzyque11 Updated 8 Apr 2013 , 3:20am by Paperfishies

suzyque11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzyque11 Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 5:16am
post #1 of 10

I have been asked to make cakepops for a friend's mother's funeral. I am not sure what to make them look like. Any suggestions?

9 replies
cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 5:27am
post #2 of 10

Hard to say without knowing something about the lady who has died.  Talk to the daughter some more.  She might just want plain ones or her mother may have had some special hobby that you could use as a base for decorating them.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 5:55am
post #3 of 10

Pastel cake pops would be appropriate.  Just google the search phrase:  pastel cake pops

Click on images and you'll see many lovely photos.

KathleenC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathleenC Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 6:41am
post #4 of 10

I would ask your friend to see what she might think would be appropriate.  There's some simple (not too showy) flower cake pops that might be nice, in pastels.  Tulips?  Just a thought.

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 1:15pm
post #5 of 10

As simple as possible, with the outside the same flavour as the inside.  Chocolate will always go over well.

You are being asked for dessert NOT a theme.

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 1:29pm
post #6 of 10

Cake pops are already a 'fun' looking dessert, so I agree with keeping them as simple as possible.

I used to be an approved vendor for a local funeral home, the rule of thumb for them was simple and classy. If you show up with 'party looking food', people are likely to get offended.

Unless of course, she has asked you to do something extra special to represent her mom.

Izzy Sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Izzy Sweet Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 2:38pm
post #7 of 10

roses might be nice

suzyque11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzyque11 Posted 6 Apr 2013 , 7:14pm
post #8 of 10

Thank you all so much. I spoke with my friend and we decided that that her mom actually enjoyed these fantastic Rocky Road cakepops that I make would be appropriate. They went over fantastic and everyone loved them.

Thanx again

Suzy

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 12:38am
post #9 of 10

Thanks for letting us know your cake pops were successful.  Welcome to the forum.

Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 3:20am
post #10 of 10

AI would just make them dipped in chocolate (white and dark) and decorate them the way truffles are decorated, like do white chocolate drizzles on the dark chocolate ones and dark chocolate drizzles on the white chocolate ones. Nothing cutesy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%