Cake Price

Decorating By jadedlogic Updated 19 Feb 2013 , 1:31pm by jadedlogic

jadedlogic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadedlogic Posted 17 Feb 2013 , 2:19am
post #1 of 9

AHello! I am always getting asked how much a cake would cost and don't know what to tell them. I do not sell them just make them for family. I realize that there are a lot of variables depending on location etc but what would you charge for these cakes? [IMG][IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/2923767/width/200/height/400[/IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/2923768/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

8 replies
jadedlogic Posted 17 Feb 2013 , 1:24pm
post #2 of 9

AAnyone?

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 17 Feb 2013 , 2:09pm
post #3 of 9

AThere are a lot of variables in both cakes. What sizes, are you using a kit for the castle? Are all the part edible or is the client providing (crown, etc)

There is a great article on cake boss (not buddy) about pricing cakes.

I have also listed details about & pricing for the cakes in my gallery if that helps.

jadedlogic Posted 17 Feb 2013 , 3:14pm
post #4 of 9

AHi thanks for replying - I didn't use a kit for the castle - it's paper towel tubes covered in fondant and the tops were ice cream cones covered in fondant. The tiara on the pillow cake I made out of gum paste and the only thing not edible on that cake was the ribbon and stick on the wand. I will check out your gallery thanks :)

jadedlogic Posted 17 Feb 2013 , 11:01pm
post #5 of 9

AIs there anyone willing to tell what they would charge for these cakes? I am not looking to sell - just curious

SystemMod2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SystemMod2 Posted 17 Feb 2013 , 11:55pm
post #6 of 9

You may get a better response rate if you give more details about the cakes, eg type of  cake, icing, filling and number of servings each yields. Most cake businesses will charge based on size as well as intricacy of decorations.

jadedlogic Posted 18 Feb 2013 , 12:38am
post #7 of 9

AThank you.

The bottom tier of the castle is a 12" cake dummy middle tier is 8" chocolate cake with whipped ganache filling and the top is a 6" choc with vanilla buttercream. The pillow cakes are the 2 largest pillow pans in the Wilton set and I cannot remember what flavor/filling I had in those. Hopefully this helps.

SystemMod2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SystemMod2 Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 5:08am
post #8 of 9

ACastle cake: minimum $575, pillow cake probably $300+.

jadedlogic Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 1:31pm
post #9 of 9

AWow thanks for responding. I wasn't expecting that much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%