Gucci Bag Cake

Decorating By dimbim Updated 5 Feb 2013 , 7:36am by dimbim

dimbim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dimbim Posted 4 Feb 2013 , 11:39pm
post #1 of 3

Hello all, I am planning to make the bag in the link below. I am thinking of using the gucci edible icing sheets to get a better and neater look of the gucci pattern. Any ideas please from any who has done this before, on how to go about pasting the sheets neatly. Will highly appreciate your response. I will also be very happy to see pictures

Many thanks.

dimbim

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQx7nxom3jtxDRAK11zcltaOjznpuRrT-deXvp5ZzyyaKyUujws

2 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Feb 2013 , 11:54pm
post #2 of 3

just hide the seam behind the red stripe & buckle

but it would not be difficult to freehand this logo

well by freehand i mean use a quilting pattern & plant the two 'g's' at the intersections

if you made yourself a little something to imprint the fondant that was the same size of the combined g's

then just pipe or use an edible marker over that impression to fill in the details--the impression would keep everything nice & uniform--practice first on a scrap piece of fondant

easy peasy

and for 'home use' only icon_biggrin.gif

dimbim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dimbim Posted 5 Feb 2013 , 7:36am
post #3 of 3

Dear  K8memphis,

many thanks indeed for your response. I just want to make it very neat indeed with minimum stress. It is a gift for a good friend who is 40, so i thought i should make the best of it. I think i should first cover with butter cream and fondant before placing the sheets.

Thanks again, well appreciated!!

dimbim

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%