Chris449842 Posted 31 Jan 2013 , 9:59pm
post #1 of

http://www.horsecarecourses.com/horse-sense/2012/06/a-wedding-cake-for-the-horsey-couple-wedding-cake-decorated-with-horses.html   How would you do the horses on this cake? Is this pure chocolate?

Thanks xx

25 replies
shanter Posted 31 Jan 2013 , 10:11pm
post #2 of

That's what it looks like to me. You could do a Google Images search on "horse chocolate mold" and see a variety of sizes and poses.

Chris449842 Posted 31 Jan 2013 , 10:19pm
post #3 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanter 

That's what it looks like to me. You could do a Google Images search on "horse chocolate mold" and see a variety of sizes and poses.


Oh thats a good idea, see if i come up with anything, thank you xx

Chris449842 Posted 31 Jan 2013 , 10:25pm
post #4 of

Nope cant come up with anything, i have also tried horse silicone mold, horse candle mold, nothing :( Would really really love this mold. xx

-K8memphis Posted 31 Jan 2013 , 10:52pm
post #5 of

maybe they made a mold from a statue they had

 

i couldn't find a replica either--statue or mold

 

beautifully done

Relznik Posted 31 Jan 2013 , 10:57pm
post #6 of

Is there anything to say they're edible?  I looked, but couldn't see (maybe I missed it? icon_smile.gif )

 

It could be a small ornament that has been used as a topper??
 

-K8memphis Posted 31 Jan 2013 , 11:03pm
post #7 of

yeah-- i clicked on the link under the picture--and they  are indeed chocolate--

 

hey you should ask her, chris

 

http://cakesbylisa.net/#!prettyPhoto[pp_gal1]/2/

Relznik Posted 31 Jan 2013 , 11:06pm
post #8 of

Ahhh, yes, now I see.  Chocolate horses!!!!  icon_redface.gif
 

Fabulous work...

-K8memphis Posted 31 Jan 2013 , 11:08pm
post #9 of

HEY--she sells the molds--i checked out her fb page

 

 

Quote:

Chocolate Horse Painted in Edible Gold ~ Molds available exclusively from Cakes By Lisa. Email: rlmenz@yahoo.com for pricing and orders.

 

and she sells the double one too

 

she's really good (besides the molds)

enga Posted 31 Jan 2013 , 11:12pm

Here is the website of the designer,  http://cakesbylisa.net/

Hope it helpsicon_biggrin.gif.

enga Posted 31 Jan 2013 , 11:32pm

Wow  -K8memphis, you are fast. I went under the archives for June of 2012 and found her website.

You rock!

-K8memphis Posted 1 Feb 2013 , 2:25am

thank you :)

Chris449842 Posted 1 Feb 2013 , 12:40pm

Oh thanks guys, i am off to find her n facebook now, would love that mold, thank you soooo much xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxicon_smile.gif

Chris449842 Posted 1 Feb 2013 , 12:42pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by -K8memphis 

HEY--she sells the molds--i checked out her fb page

 

 

 

and she sells the double one too

 

she's really good (besides the molds)


Found her on fbv, is it on her fb page the molds? 

xx

-K8memphis Posted 1 Feb 2013 , 2:06pm

i did not find pictures of the molds themselves

 

i just found the information about the molds in posts under pictures of the chocolate horses

 

so if you scroll down to the golden horse picture

 

and then the double horses that you like is also found scrolling down some more

 

and it's just in posts under a few of those pictures

 

she says just contact her by email about it for further information

 

as i quoted in post #9 in this thread w/the email address

denetteb Posted 1 Feb 2013 , 2:09pm

The faux leather tooling on the sides of the cake is incredible.  What a talent.

Chris449842 Posted 1 Feb 2013 , 2:28pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by -K8memphis 

i did not find pictures of the molds themselves

 

i just found the information about the molds in posts under pictures of the chocolate horses

 

so if you scroll down to the golden horse picture

 

and then the double horses that you like is also found scrolling down some more

 

and it's just in posts under a few of those pictures

 

she says just contact her by email about it for further information

 

as i quoted in post #9 in this thread w/the email address


Yes i got it, thank you, have emailed her to ask, icon_biggrin.gif

-K8memphis Posted 1 Feb 2013 , 2:29pm

hope all goes well

 

you're making me wanna do a horse cake

 

icon_biggrin.gif

Chris449842 Posted 1 Feb 2013 , 2:30pm

The price per mold is $350.00 icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif nevermind icon_sad.gif

-K8memphis Posted 1 Feb 2013 , 2:32pm

i'm all out of the horse cake mood now

 

icon_lol.gif

 

yeah, but it think it's worth every penny huh

Relznik Posted 1 Feb 2013 , 2:34pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris449842 

The price per mold is $350.00 icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif nevermind icon_sad.gif


icon_eek.gif

denetteb Posted 1 Feb 2013 , 2:40pm

Yowsa!!! 
 

shanter Posted 1 Feb 2013 , 4:46pm

Wow. I thought molds that cost $40 were expensive!

enga Posted 5 Feb 2013 , 8:54am

Here is a website that could make it.

 

marzipan.doll@Live.com
 

Chris449842 Posted 5 Feb 2013 , 10:31am
Quote:
Originally Posted by enga 

Here is a website that could make it.

 

marzipan.doll@Live.com
 


Thanks Enga off to look xx

Rosie93095 Posted 15 Jul 2013 , 7:10pm

Also, the horse head is only about 4 inches tall.....I've seen one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%