Anyone Tried Bako Sugarpaste / Fondant In Uk

Decorating By LittleBroccoli Updated 7 Jul 2013 , 8:43pm by witchnspice

LittleBroccoli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBroccoli Posted 30 Jan 2013 , 2:44pm
post #1 of 6

www.callbakolondon.com

At £14.93 for 12.5kg it seems quite a good buy, but I'd love to hear any reports before I buy if possible?  anyone have any experiences with this one? detective.gif

5 replies
cakeypigg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeypigg Posted 27 Mar 2013 , 11:40am
post #2 of 6

Hi , did you ever get an answer to this or did you try it?

would love to know if it's worth buying

thanks

suzannem5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzannem5 Posted 27 Mar 2013 , 2:11pm
post #3 of 6

Sugarpaste and fondant are NOT the same thing in the UK - the 'fondant' you are looking at is the stuff that makes fondant fancies (think Mr Kipling) - a soft, smooth, spreadable covering.

If you're wanting sugarpaste to roll out and use to cover celebration cakes then you need to look at Bako's sugarpaste - it comes in 5kg and 10kg for £12.39 and £23.64 respectively, I have used it before and it is good, nice to work with and gives a good finish.

The fact that what we know as sugarpaste in UK is known as fondant in USA is very confusing when UK fondant is a different product entirely.

cakeypigg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeypigg Posted 28 Mar 2013 , 9:46am
post #4 of 6

thanks Suzanne, your reply is much appreciated.

LittleBroccoli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleBroccoli Posted 2 Apr 2013 , 9:33pm
post #5 of 6

ASorry for lack of reply.... been away a While. I never did try it. To be honest, I have yet to find a problem with Asda and Tesco sugar paste. At £2.20 a kilo it's great value.

witchnspice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
witchnspice Posted 7 Jul 2013 , 8:43pm
post #6 of 6

Hi

I use bako sugarpaste regularly, I find it easy to use and has a good finish. Worth a try. I hope that helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%