Is It Me? Need Quick Reality Check.

Decorating By angelas2babies Updated 29 Jan 2007 , 1:42pm by ape

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 8:18pm
post #61 of 76

What? You just got hold of her and this is for tomorrow? Rush job - at least $50 extra LOL! icon_evil.gif

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 1:05am
post #62 of 76

Wait, no fondant on this one and the last one was ALL fondant, LOL? Now she decided she didn't like it?

You can do a doll cake! : ) Don't worry.

tincanbaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tincanbaby Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 1:32am
post #63 of 76

You need to hang a sign around your neck stating...

You don't do cakes set at somebody else's prices. If they want to know what you charge, it is simple..."ask".

CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 1:44am
post #64 of 76

I agree with Risque Business - she's been hitting the wacky tobacci...a bit too hard.

I, personally, would charge $200 for that cake - or, I wouldn't do it. She can take it or leave it!

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 2:09am
post #65 of 76

Wow after reading all this I feel like a total chump! icon_cry.gificon_mad.gif Prices are going up tomorrow!
LL

okieinalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okieinalaska Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 4:43am
post #66 of 76

Kristy, your cake is beautiful!

Ok dish, how much did you charge? Don't feel bad about it. We have all done it!

Good for you for raising your prices. : )

Dennysse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dennysse Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 5:09am
post #67 of 76

Oh,my!!!I also agree with Risque. Maybe she thinks you are theCake Fairie.Jeez,at least she changed her mind for something more simple.I cant imagine her asking Collette Peters "I want this cake but dont want to pay more than $65" Hmmm,I wonder the answer... icon_confused.gificon_evil.giftapedshut.gificon_mad.gif Good luck!!!

TerriLea1993 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TerriLea1993 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 2:41pm
post #68 of 76

You can the do the doll cake... And sometimes we want to have business so bad that we let people walk all over us. I have had to tell people several times, I can't do a wedding cake in one night. It sucks that people don't think because we pay for it.......good luck on the cake!!!

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 3:23pm
post #69 of 76

Kristy,

Your cake is beautiful! I'm currently baking away right now, and playing with Barbie's hair. (SIGH....) I hope it turns out okay. I learned my lesson, though. Indecisive people are SO hard to work with. And to her credit, she didn't argue with me when I explained the work behind the original cake she wanted.

Angie

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 5:17pm
post #70 of 76

ok i am up to date on all pages....

that cake was worth way more than 100.

I have noticed that a few of the posts mention telling her the date is booked....y tell her that....just tell her the plain awfull truth of the matter is that you cannot do that style cake for her for 65 dollars. if she doesnt like it then she can choose another cake or go elsewhere.

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 5:49pm
post #71 of 76

Okieinalaska , I only charged $75 and that included the topper(which I hand painted) and the carriage that I had to order from ebay. Lesson learned! Thanks for the kind words!

Angelas2babies... happy baking! I hope it turns out great!

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 26 Jan 2007 , 6:19pm
post #72 of 76

Kristy, Your cake is Gorgeous!!!!

Angela,

You will do fine with the doll cake. Be sure to post the pic when you get it done.

Good Luck!

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 1:40am
post #73 of 76

My first doll cake is all done. My husband safely shipped the cake and she was very happy with it. The funny thing is that the legend of the swag cake will live on. My good friend sent me a picture of it, and wants me to make it for her daughter.... icon_confused.gif I cannot escape this cake to save my life.

Thanks again for all the laughs and great advice!
Angie

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 1:49am
post #74 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by janey105

....I live in Northwest Iowa in a small town where people settle for Hy-Vee or Wal-Mart cakes for 12 bucks. I actually had a girl offer me $5.00 for a cake I made when I was just starting out even though she knew it had 5 cake mixes and 2 batches of fondant!

ROFLMAO at this one! Obviously she thinks you're just a bored housewife who just LUVS doing this for the heck of it!

Hep me, Rhonda!

sophie20033 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sophie20033 Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 2:15am
post #75 of 76

You know, personally, if i've spent so much time and effort "ding donging" back & forth with a customer and then she only gets back to me with a few days notice of cake collection/delivery, I would NOT take it on. You're only giving yourself heartache and plenty of stress. If she's like this to begin with, I can only imagine she'd probably change her mind like 2 days before collection/delivery or critizing the cake after she's got it. I don't need the added stress and for someone to ruin my day ( week!) Take it as a "cake-break" and spend quality time with kids/for yourself...till your next busy cake schedule!

ape Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ape Posted 29 Jan 2007 , 1:42pm
post #76 of 76

angie...your cake is gorgeous and still worth more than you got paid for it!

Doll cakes are fun! And your's is just beautiful!

april

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%