Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans ????

Decorating By Izzy Sweet Updated 31 Dec 2012 , 8:25pm by Izzy Sweet

Izzy Sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Izzy Sweet Posted 29 Dec 2012 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 7

I want to make a cake with some of these coffee beans on top for decoration. Problem is, are they a certain type of bean and is there a certain way to do it? I am very new at this so please excuse me if this has been asked.

Thank you

6 replies
Izzy Sweet Posted 29 Dec 2012 , 5:07pm
post #2 of 7

Ok so everything I googled it all says you can use any kind of bean. They taste better with dark Chocolate is what it says too. So I shall try it.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 Dec 2012 , 5:09pm
post #3 of 7

I don't know. Just for my taste buds I would like them crushed first so they are easier to chew but whatever you want to do with them--you are fully authorized to do it exactly the way you want. I see those beans at candy stores and lots of places. Just buy the kind you want. Sounds interesting. Experiment.

Y'know what's another way too? Y'know how they apply chopped nuts or coconut to the sides of cake? Would be good pressed up against the side too. No wrong way--tons of variety.

Izzy Sweet Posted 29 Dec 2012 , 5:18pm
post #4 of 7

What an awesome Idea for the crust.Well looks like my famjam is going to be my  ginnipigs yet again (surprised they are not all bigger lol) .. I want to make a new Flav of Cheesecake  Chocolate Coffee Bean Vanilla.. Thank you for the idea, it can be used in so many ways...I will be making them myself because I think they charge way too much for them at stores and I can make a big batch and freeze. Just thinking I might have to roast them a little before I put chocolate on them.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 Dec 2012 , 5:26pm
post #5 of 7

Oh wow sounds even better!!!

Y'know for decor especially if you're doing them yourself--I picture a pan spread with crushed/chopped coffee beans then take the chocolate in a piping bag and pipe swirlies/spirals on top so that when the chocolate sets up it will have some of the coffee stuck to it and the swirlie can be added decor. Shoot now I wanna make some too!!!

Unless you have to fully encase the coffee bean in choco for freshness or some other important reason. :)

sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 31 Dec 2012 , 8:07pm
post #6 of 7

I have all 3 types of choco covered coffee bean in my shop, the white, milk and dark chocolate. First of all, they are all easy to eat, they just crunch up in my mouth, and the taste is awesome. I found them at Target for less than $4 a bottle, and there is alot. Check out the Christmas section, that's where I got them.

Izzy Sweet Posted 31 Dec 2012 , 8:25pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you, I will have to go grab some up if they are that inexpensive..Thanks for the tip ;)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%