Wilton Hello Kitty Pan Servings

Decorating By HotPink_LipGloss Updated 14 Dec 2012 , 8:26am by HotPink_LipGloss

HotPink_LipGloss Posted 13 Dec 2012 , 11:04am
post #1 of 4

I just purchased the Wilton Hello Kitty pan and wonder how many servings does it make.I think I read somewhere 12 and that doesn't seem right. I think it is approximately 11 inches by 10 inches. If I make it two layers instead of one will that increase the servings? I didn't know where else to post this. Thank youicon_smile.gif.

3 replies
-K8memphis Posted 13 Dec 2012 , 3:48pm
post #2 of 4

I like this idea http://www.wilton.com/idea/Hello-Kitty-Birthday-Cake where the kitty head stays kinda flat. I think if you make it two layers it might be a bit out of scale.

You can certainly cut smaller servings--those guides are just suggested/normal serving size. If you're haivng a big crowd sure bake more cake.

BakingIrene Posted 13 Dec 2012 , 4:02pm
post #3 of 4

Here's the pan insert.  You need to have Adobe Reader installed (free) to read it.

It says the pan takes one cake mix, so that's 12 "party" servings.The same amount of cake per serving as two fullsized cupcakes if that helps.  

HotPink_LipGloss Posted 14 Dec 2012 , 8:26am
post #4 of 4

A^^ Thank you so much! A whole box of mix does make a decent amount of cake. If I still feel uncomfortable about it when I see the pan, I will make cupcakes to go with it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%