Business By SweetPea0613 Updated 3 Dec 2012 , 9:23am by Nixs247

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 30 Nov 2012 , 3:18am
post #31 of 41

AWoo hoo!

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 30 Nov 2012 , 3:23am
post #32 of 41

Maybe you should also investigate by sending SOMEONE that was at that wedding a picture? Did the cake in any way have time to have been damaged and redone? 

Not into conspiracies myself, but really, there is NOTHING wrong with that cake. Not only that, but if she wanted rhinestones on the cake, wouldn't that be something you added to her bill? Rhinestones are expensive and I'm assuming you wouldn't be eating that cost. So she would have had to agree to additional costs for them and you don't have any evidence of that request, right? 

Wow, I can't imagine getting that, and it probably came out of left field too. Good lesson for all of us- trust your gut. 

tykesmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tykesmommy Posted 30 Nov 2012 , 4:08am
post #33 of 41

AI was afraid to look at the monstrosity of a cake you made, but this mob is a loon!! There's no bulging that I see. The only things that I see are there are no rhinestones on the quilting (it would've looked crazy and tacky with them) and the letter on the right (an "m" I believe) looks strange. It's probably because I despise gold.

pinkfluffycupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkfluffycupcake Posted 30 Nov 2012 , 6:25pm
post #34 of 41

I think it's a lovely cake.  However, I went to your FB page--just a suggestion: I wouldn't say that the customers weren't happy on the post that everyone can see.  If I were a potential client, I wouldn't know the whole story and I would just see that someone was unhappy for some reason (flavor, delivery, I don't know), so I would probably walk away. 

I think there are other things going on here...don't give it another thought.

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 30 Nov 2012 , 6:49pm
post #35 of 41

Well, there are two possibilities.  Either the MOB is crazy or, someone moved that cake, that would explain the 'uprooting' and 'bulges' she sees if the venue or someone else damaged the cake and tried to fix it. I believe you said this was what it looked like when you left it.   I would also be calling the venue.

fcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fcakes Posted 3 Dec 2012 , 4:45am
post #36 of 41

ASuch a beautiful cake! Agree with the previous post that DON'T write on your FB page that they were unhappy with this cake....it'll put off future clients!

fcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fcakes Posted 3 Dec 2012 , 4:49am
post #37 of 41

AAnd did you hear from the bride? Don't give importance to this vague email from the MOB!

SugarQueenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarQueenie Posted 3 Dec 2012 , 5:12am
post #38 of 41

I've typed, deleted, typed, deleted my response to this thread... I am at a loss for words. That cake is GORGEOUS! I think it was tastefully done and well put together, even with all of the bold design elements. I really commend you. Don't let that nut job make you think otherwise!!!!!

Claire138 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Claire138 Posted 3 Dec 2012 , 8:24am
post #39 of 41

The letter sort of sounds like it was written by one of those scam letters that some of us have received concerning a cake, you know the one where they will change the date of the wedding to suit the cake order, where details are mixed up, over using one or two particular words etc or maybe the MOB is foreign? I don't know why but something about this letter is way off although I have to admit that I had a good laugh at the line about people who weren't even there loving iticon_biggrin.gif

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 3 Dec 2012 , 8:33am
post #40 of 41

"I have to admit that I had a good laugh at the line about people who weren't even there loving iticon_biggrin.gif"

I also laughed when I read that part. Could she mean that people that had never been to that venue loved it?

All I know is that that is one mighty fine looking cake (it made me woo) and the MOB is a psycho!

Nixs247 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nixs247 Posted 3 Dec 2012 , 9:23am
post #41 of 41

Defo remove any negative comments from FB pronto!!! - as this will probably hinder you from acquiring new customers/clients.

More importantly you don't want to dig your own grave by giving the MOB an OPEN invitation to your FB page for a PUBLIC slaging match.

No need to harm your business for a confused and disturbed MOB.

Do you have any feedback from the other services that were appointed for that wedding??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%