Xmas Cookies... First Batch Blahhhh

Baking By Krystal323 Updated 28 Nov 2012 , 7:27pm by Krystal323

Krystal323 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krystal323 Posted 27 Nov 2012 , 6:07pm
post #1 of 8

OK so i hope my cake central pros can help.... am in charge in baking Xmas cookies this yr.Its my first time with cookies, i had a recipe from before n it wasn't so great... does anyone here have a Good cookie recipe??? 

7 replies
Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 27 Nov 2012 , 6:26pm
post #2 of 8

Krystal,  we need a lot more information.  What type of Christmas cookies?  Drop cookies?  Refrigerator cookies?  Decorated sugar cookies?  How many cookies?

There are a million choices for cookies recipes available online. 

What was the recipe you used before?  Do you want to make a better version of that same recipe?

Krystal323 Posted 28 Nov 2012 , 12:06am
post #3 of 8

ASorry it was a.sugar cookie...but im open for any new suggestions...anytype of holiday cookie.... For mayb 60 +

Danilou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danilou Posted 28 Nov 2012 , 12:07am
post #4 of 8

Every year I make honey biscuits and ice them with royal icing. Yummo!

Krystal323 Posted 28 Nov 2012 , 12:09am
post #5 of 8

ASd:D

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 28 Nov 2012 , 5:27pm
post #6 of 8

I haven't made this recipe yet, but it gets rave reviews on all the cake decorating forums:

No Fail Sugar Cookies (NFSC)

http://cakecentral.com/recipe/no-fail-sugar-cookies

I HAVE used this recipe and it tastes wonderful!  Deb's sugar cookie recipe is outstanding and doesn't require any refrigeration (which I love).   Deb Hennen is an instructor at various ICES  events around the USA.  (ICES is International Cake Decorating Societe)

Deb Hennen's "Really Good Sugar Cookie"
1 cup softened butter or margarine
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond flavoring
1 tsp baking powder
3 cups all purpose flour
Preheat oven to 400. In large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg, vanilla, and almond. Add flour and baking powder. If dough is sticky add up to 1/2 cup addt'l flour a little at a time. Do not chill dough. Roll out on parchment paper 1/4" thick or cookie sheet and cut into desired shapes. Bake 6-8 minutes.
She recommends rolling out a small portion, then with the cut-off remnants mix in some more fresh dough and roll/cut, repeat. That keeps the dough "fresh" and keeps it from being overworked and tough.

lyndsayscott Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndsayscott Posted 28 Nov 2012 , 5:36pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apti 

I haven't made this recipe yet, but it gets rave reviews on all the cake decorating forums:

No Fail Sugar Cookies (NFSC)

http://cakecentral.com/recipe/no-fail-sugar-cookies

NFSC is awesome.  The sides stay straight and they don't bloat!  I suggest rolling the dough between parchment paper, putting in fridge for about 30 minutes, and then cutting and baking.  When they are cold, they are easy to move and handle, plus you keep the crisp edges.

Krystal323 Posted 28 Nov 2012 , 7:27pm
post #8 of 8

that sounds good thanx so muchhhh, i will try them tonight

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%