Best Cake Decorating Book For Beginners

Lounge By VKakes11 Updated 29 Nov 2012 , 1:33am by VKakes11

VKakes11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VKakes11 Posted 17 Nov 2012 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 7

I'm just beginning cake decorating, and I'd like to know which book(s) are best for beginners. I'm a very visual person, so I prefer books with more pictures, but in your experience, which was your favorite book? Oh, and I'm also looking for a good starter kit for decorating, is the Wilton Decorating Kit any good? TIA :)

6 replies
AmandaKB6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaKB6 Posted 17 Nov 2012 , 5:50pm
post #2 of 7

AThe Wilton yearbooks have step by step directions and pictures.

VKakes11 Posted 17 Nov 2012 , 10:32pm
post #3 of 7

Actually, I had a dream last night about cakes. I thought it was pretty pathetic, but I'm sure I'm not the only one! ;) Thank you for the advice :)

Nixs247 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nixs247 Posted 28 Nov 2012 , 12:49am
post #4 of 7

Hi,

I agree with Remnant3333 that youtube would be your best friend especially if you are a visual person of which you can grasp things easily.

Its amazing how we are so lucky to be in the age of Technology and have an abudance of free resources at our disposal.

The only thing you would need to do is to put in the time to watch n learn... :o)

Nixs

TerriLynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TerriLynn Posted 28 Nov 2012 , 12:26pm
post #5 of 7

One of my favorite cake decorating books is "The Complete Photo Guide to Cake Decorating" by Autumn Carpenter.  I got mine on Amazon for $14.  She goes into alot of detail on many topics and the photos are awesome.  I could look at this book for hours!  icon_smile.gif

TerriLynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TerriLynn Posted 28 Nov 2012 , 1:29pm
post #6 of 7

Also ... one of the best investments I have made is joining My Cake School.com.  It is $30 for a year ($2.50/month!!) and there are tons of videos and helpful hints.  I have learned so much in the three months since I joined.

VKakes11 Posted 29 Nov 2012 , 1:33am
post #7 of 7

This is very helpful, thanks Terri :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%