How Long Before Can I Put Together A Cake That Will Be In A Contest (Will Not Be Eaten)

Decorating By HilmirFreyr Updated 13 Nov 2012 , 1:40pm by HilmirFreyr

HilmirFreyr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HilmirFreyr Posted 13 Nov 2012 , 10:55am
post #1 of 5

Hi, I am taking part in a Disney cake contest and the cake is to be delivered on Friday, that cake will not be eaten nor cut. It is only a contest about the decorations, I have baked the cakes and have started working on the decorations but I am wondering on how soon I can put fondant on each layer so it will still look good on friday and over the weekend as it is on show on the weekend. This is the cake that I am going to try to make. Three tiers and it would help if I could start soon on putting the fondant and decorations on each tier without putting the tiers together, isn't is best to put them together as late as possible? :)

4 replies
JSKConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JSKConfections Posted 13 Nov 2012 , 11:30am
post #2 of 5

You can put the cake together whenever you want.  If its not being eaten, I see no reason why you would have to wait. Good luck on the contest!! icon_biggrin.gif

JanDunlevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanDunlevy Posted 13 Nov 2012 , 11:31am
post #3 of 5

AI would definitely use dummy cakes unless that is prohibited.

HilmirFreyr Posted 13 Nov 2012 , 11:41am
post #4 of 5

I don't think that is prohibited, why is that better since the cake will not be eaten. I know it might be sturdier but it is only three stories high and I baked vanilla spongecake and will use alot of pillars between the cakes, don't you think that will be enough for the cake to be fine?

HilmirFreyr Posted 13 Nov 2012 , 1:40pm
post #5 of 5

Just went out and bought cake dummies haha

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%