How Many 10 Inch Round Cakes For A Wedding With 130 -140 People

Decorating By HilmirFreyr Updated 8 Nov 2012 , 3:20pm by HilmirFreyr

HilmirFreyr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HilmirFreyr Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 6

Hi, I am baking a french chocolate cake in a 10 inch round form and I am wondering how many I should do. The bottoms are pretty thick but I cut them in half and put caramel in between and then buttercrem on top. Do you think 7 will be enough? 

5 replies
denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 3:06pm
post #2 of 6

How high will they end up?  If they are 3 inches high or more a 10 inch round will serve 38 according to the standard Wilton chart.  7 would give you 266 servings, way more than enough. 

3D-Sweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3D-Sweets Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 3:08pm
post #3 of 6

I would think so.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 3:16pm
post #4 of 6

A 10" round "DOUBLE" cake serves 42 wedding servings.   A 10" round "SINGLE" serves 20.    Depends on if you want double layers....or single layers.    I recommend splitting and filling either choice.    It sounds like you are doing single layers.  7 will work. 

HilmirFreyr Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 3:18pm
post #5 of 6

Hi, no the cake itself is around 5 cm or 1.96 inches and then I add caramel inbetween and buttercream on top (the cake itself is a rosette cake). So how many do you think would be enough :)

HilmirFreyr Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 3:20pm
post #6 of 6

O.k. thank you so much, yes I am baking a single layer thick cake or around 5 cm or 2 inches and taking it apart and putting caramel in between. So I think 7 will be the magic number for me. This is also a very chocolate cake so people don't have as big slices as with maybe other cakes as it is quite heavy. Thanks for the help

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%