Not Hearing Back From Clients??

Business By missamylynn06 Updated 5 Nov 2012 , 11:46pm by missamylynn06

missamylynn06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missamylynn06 Posted 5 Nov 2012 , 8:35pm
post #1 of 4

It makes me wonder if they were happy with the cake. I never get any complaints on the cake but I hardly ever get any responses back if they loved it or not. I don't want to write them and ask, i feel like if they did love it they would've told me. When i post a picture of the cake i made for them on my webpage , they do like the picture but don't comment. Maybe im over thinking it, but it makes me worry. Does this happen to anyone else?

3 replies
Stitches Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stitches Posted 5 Nov 2012 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 4

Yep, it's rare for me to hear any comments, yet alone for someone to post them. It used to scare me and bum me out. So I do check up on regular clients for feed back and I do ask new people where or how they got my name.

So far it seems that the times I get private messages are when the person is genuinely surprised by my quality. My repeat customers don't really make alot of comments to me, I find out about their thoughts through their friends that they refer to me.

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 5 Nov 2012 , 9:04pm
post #3 of 4

The popular take on this subject is: no news is good news. People are more likely to speak up when they have complaints than when they have praise. A satisfied customer might walk away happy, but you'll most likely hear from a dissatisfied one.

If you don't already do this, a follow-up email thanking them for utilizing your business might be a possible way to get feedback. IF they choose to respond to your 'thank you,'  they could say, "oh and the cake was awesome etc." But even that isn't usual.

missamylynn06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missamylynn06 Posted 5 Nov 2012 , 11:46pm
post #4 of 4

Thanx for the info, "your right no news is good news". Luckily I was just contacted by my client and she said she loved the cake. I had my toes and fingers crossed lol. I think im my worst critic and i over think too much. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%