Client Says My Price Is Too High

Business By allcupcakedout Updated 11 Nov 2012 , 10:40pm by louanne

louanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louanne Posted 11 Nov 2012 , 9:57pm
post #31 of 33

the 10 inch round serviong 10-12 is ridiculous.  The things with some ( some not all) that come in under cottage food, are home bakers anad have NO clue as the the rpofessional side, the 10-12 servings they are slicing in the big "pie" slices, if you slice it that way , yeah 10-12 slices but that's not how you serve a cake, as we all know.       I made the wedding cake for a cousin, actually done the hwole catering, while I was busy getting food ready to go out thy done the cake cutting (in my family they do forst get the picture, slice it up so people aren't waiting around til the end of the night)  Anyways, I came back in to see a bridesmaid hacking away at the cake cutting it in huge pie slices,  fortunately I had made a cake much bigger than what was actually needed.

ANyways I think that is a big problem with undercutting, they know they should charge by serving perhaps but just don't have thier serving amounts correct which ends up undercutting real professionals.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 11 Nov 2012 , 10:18pm
post #32 of 33

A

Original message sent by AZCouture

Oh, and I have somewhere new to refer the "I just need a sheetcake with some flowers on it". Well, Buddy's got them for $25 at the store, have at it. :lol:

More and more people are coming to me asking if I take food stamps, because they want a special cake and are dead broke. The economy is such crap right now. But I will be happy to send them to Kroger for a cheap round, with dayglow flowers. I'm sure they can get one with food stamps.

I actually had a lady come to me and ask if I would decorate a Walmart she brought me. I basically said hell no, but explained it is the decoration that costs so much, not the cake.

louanne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louanne Posted 11 Nov 2012 , 10:40pm
post #33 of 33

When i had my store front I had so many people asking about using foodstamps.    I got so aggrivated because this one lady wanted a wedding cake to feed 175 people and pay with foodstamps, i told her no,  she went to a local grocery store ( they actually do semi-custom cakes and do decent work, but it's still frozen chemical filled cake and nasty icing)  but got  the cake there with foodstamps, which costs around 350.   

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%