Freezing Cupcakes

Baking By ilovefondant Updated 26 Oct 2012 , 4:49pm by perfectcakebyshirley

ilovefondant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ilovefondant Posted 25 Oct 2012 , 11:12pm
post #1 of 4

help ccers I need to make 300 cupcakes for christmas and I need to freeze them can anyone tell me the best way to freeze them all ideas are welcome

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Oct 2012 , 11:43pm
post #2 of 4

just put them in a freezer bag and pop them into the freezer. When needed, pull them out, fill if desired, frost and done.

underthesun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
underthesun Posted 26 Oct 2012 , 1:01am
post #3 of 4

In order to protect them from mishap, I package my cupcakes in the larger ziplock plastic containers. We have not had to keep them frozen for more than a couple of weeks. I would suggest waiting a little closer to Christmas, if you can. If not, maybe wrap the containers in plastic wrap, also. Before freezing our cupcakes, we test it in the freezer, first. We have found some recipes do better in the freezer than others. Keep them frozen for a week, thaw a couple and then taste test for moistness.

Good luck icon_smile.gif

perfectcakebyshirley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
perfectcakebyshirley Posted 26 Oct 2012 , 4:49pm
post #4 of 4

I put them in Ziploc freezer bags, and then take them out, and out of the bag to defrost, so the condensation doesn't collect on them inside the bag. I actually think they're more moist after being frozen. I've kept cupcakes for a long time, so you shouldn't have a problem. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%