Storing Cookies

Baking By Bobeba Updated 11 Oct 2012 , 2:48pm by Tails

Bobeba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bobeba Posted 10 Oct 2012 , 12:42pm
post #1 of 4

I am making modelling chocolate covered cookies. How would I store these and how long? My party that I am making them for is next Saturday Oct.20.
thanks.

3 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 11 Oct 2012 , 4:32am
post #2 of 4

Cookies usually have a shelf life of 3 days at room temp, in an airtight container. Can you possibly make the chocolate tops ahead and save the baking for the last available moment?

Also, most cookie doughs actually do better if refrigerated overnight. And unbaked balls of batter do well frozen (and I hate freezing anything). But the cookie dough develops more completely with refrigerating and freezing (few hours to a day).

3D-Sweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3D-Sweets Posted 11 Oct 2012 , 1:39pm
post #3 of 4

While the cookies are better fresh, you can also bake the cookies and cool and freeze them (no chocolate covering), then remove them a couple of hours before you cover them.

BTW, I've never had trouble having my cookies stay delicious longer than three days.

Tails Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tails Posted 11 Oct 2012 , 2:48pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

Cookies usually have a shelf life of 3 days at room temp, in an airtight container. Can you possibly make the chocolate tops ahead and save the baking for the last available moment?

Also, most cookie doughs actually do better if refrigerated overnight. And unbaked balls of batter do well frozen (and I hate freezing anything). But the cookie dough develops more completely with refrigerating and freezing (few hours to a day).

Oddly enough, I find if I store it in an airtight container, they go soft quickly, but if I store it in individual bags (like the ones in my album) they stay fresh longer?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%