"oil Slick" Colored Luster Dust?

Decorating By tarodoeht Updated 8 Oct 2012 , 11:10pm by milkmaid42

tarodoeht Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarodoeht Posted 6 Oct 2012 , 8:57pm
post #1 of 2

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to make a gumpaste raven, but I would like to be able to add a little bit of a shine to it since in certain light, ravens feathers have a black oil slick/rainbow type of coloring to them.

Does anybody know of a dusting powder that could have this effect on black gumpaste?

Thanks!!

1 reply
milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 8 Oct 2012 , 11:10pm
post #2 of 2

I saw your post a day or so ago and hope you haven't needed this info before now. I didn't answer then because I wasn't sure I could remember what colors I used when I made some iridescent feathers. I have lots of luster dusts and just used layers of different ones until I got the effect I wanted. I know I used some pinks, greens and blues. Heck, I just experimented until I found what I was satisfied with. Here is a pic of what I am describing: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1977379/autumn-turkey-hunt. I don't know how beneficial this info is, but I just couldn't let your post go unanswered.

My best advice is to always make a couple extra of what you want to color so you have room to experiment. Hope this helps you somewhat.

Jan

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%