What Tip For This Writing?

Decorating By mareg Updated 4 Oct 2012 , 9:35pm by Addictive_desserts

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 4 Oct 2012 , 12:56am
post #1 of 9

This cake by Say it with sugar is amazing! Would love to learn how to do it.
LL

8 replies
paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 4 Oct 2012 , 1:44am
post #2 of 9

I don't think that's a tip, I believe those are cut out of fondant or gumpaste. Too big for tappits to cricut cake probably.

BlueRose8302 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueRose8302 Posted 4 Oct 2012 , 1:57am
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstonia

I don't think that's a tip, I believe those are cut out of fondant or gumpaste. Too big for tappits to cake probably.

I agree!

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 4 Oct 2012 , 2:20am
post #4 of 9

It looks piped, or fondant with overpiping to me, as some parts of the writing are up higher than others. I understand you may achieve that with fondant alone, but I suspect its a talented piper!

Have you tried contacting the bakery to ask them?

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 4 Oct 2012 , 3:16am
post #5 of 9

Round tip. They vary the pressure/speed of moving the tip so the letters are thicker and thinner. Kind of a cool technique, they purposely vary the thickness rather than trying to keep them perfectly the same. Lots of examples on their website.

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 4 Oct 2012 , 4:57am
post #6 of 9

Yes, I did send them a message. Have not heard back as of yet. Id love to learn how to do it. Thanks for your replies.

debidehm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debidehm Posted 4 Oct 2012 , 5:25am
post #7 of 9

I'm thinking it's piped as well. Maybe one of those tips that looks like a rose tip, but all one width (like a thick line...sorry I'm not familiar on what the different tips are called!!) and piped in calligraphy style.

embersmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
embersmom Posted 4 Oct 2012 , 2:33pm
post #8 of 9

It looks like fondant to me just by virtue of the size and intricacy of the lettering.

I'm very curious now!

Addictive_desserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Addictive_desserts Posted 4 Oct 2012 , 9:35pm
post #9 of 9

I think it's piped as well. Someone who is very talented. If you look at the letters, you can see inconsistency hence the giveaway of piping!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%