Is This A Stencil Or Sugarveil?

Decorating By karukaru Updated 27 Sep 2012 , 7:59pm by karukaru

karukaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karukaru Posted 27 Sep 2012 , 3:12pm
post #1 of 7

Hi, I got a request to make this buttercream cake but I am not even sure if this is a stencil or sugarveil. Also, what is the name of this flower and how much would you charge for it. Thanks!
LL

6 replies
MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 27 Sep 2012 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 7

I think it is a stencil, not Sugarveil. The flower looks like an open rose.

Pricing is based on size, ingredients, time. Also location. All this needs to factored into the price. Not something others can easily help with.

Take Care

JanDunlevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanDunlevy Posted 27 Sep 2012 , 3:38pm
post #3 of 7

I definitely say stencil. Good luck with pricing, that is my biggest struggle.

karukaru Posted 27 Sep 2012 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks! I am not referring to pricing on the whole cake. That I know. But I have never done a cake with a large flower and I know you have to charge separate for the flower but I wasn't sure about the going rate for a metropolitan area (I am in the Ft.Lauderdale/Miami.) Any ideas?

sugaah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugaah Posted 27 Sep 2012 , 5:00pm
post #5 of 7

you can stencil with sugarveil but i think you mean is this a cut stencil or was it created with sugarveil. I vote stencil.

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 27 Sep 2012 , 7:17pm
post #6 of 7

I would charge $10 - $15 depending on the size of the rose. It is more about time than cost of gum paste. Make a rose and keep track of the time required to make it. I make mine step by step over a couple days, make the center let it dry over night ect... Keep track of all the time and charge any hourly wage plus a bit for the gum paste used.

Good Luck

karukaru Posted 27 Sep 2012 , 7:59pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGF

I would charge $10 - $15 depending on the size of the rose. It is more about time than cost of gum paste. Make a rose and keep track of the time required to make it. I make mine step by step over a couple days, make the center let it dry over night ect... Keep track of all the time and charge any hourly wage plus a bit for the gum paste used.

Good Luck

Thank you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%