Business By Jazzbythebay Updated 28 Sep 2012 , 5:11pm by costumeczar

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 28 Sep 2012 , 10:36am
post #31 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hfuhruhurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzbythebay

Customer Courtesy - "Once a cake is ordered from us for a specific event and it is cut and ackowledged by guests at that event, our cake should be the only cake that is served to all attendees at the function and NO alternative cake should be used. This is to protect our earned reputation for producing quality and delicious cakes."

Any inputs on drafting this 't&c' will be greatly appreciated....Thanks once again

A good rule of thumb: Don't include anything in a contract unless it has a good reason for being there. The language you're suggesting is nice for letting customers know your stance on 'cake and switch' shenanigans, but it doesn't really have any place being in your contract unless you intend it to have a legal function.

As written and standing alone, it's toothless--and savvy customers will know that. You'd be better off leaving it out and dealing with such concerns outside of the written agreement, or tightening it up to give it some real impact.

A single provider clause is pretty toothless in general, unless you're going to sit at the party and monitor what's being served to people. I see nothing wrong with putting that in there just to let people know your stance on the issue. It's not the end of the world if it's in the contract. It could be in a policies section, or the section about deliveries.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dr_Hfuhruhurr Posted 28 Sep 2012 , 11:10am
post #32 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

A single provider clause is pretty toothless in general, unless you're going to sit at the party and monitor what's being served to people. I see nothing wrong with putting that in there just to let people know your stance on the issue. It's not the end of the world if it's in the contract. It could be in a policies section, or the section about deliveries.

You're correct--it's not the end of the world. But, vague and inoperative language in a contract is never a good idea. Clear and concise is always the goal, lest you begin to jeopardize the effectiveness of the entire instrument.

Also, to some consumers, a messy contract will impact their impression of you. If your goal is to look professional and be taken seriously, having a tightly written contract is important.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 28 Sep 2012 , 5:11pm
post #33 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Hfuhruhurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

You're correct--it's not the end of the world. But, vague and inoperative language in a contract is never a good idea. Clear and concise is always the goal, lest you begin to jeopardize the effectiveness of the entire instrument.

Also, to some consumers, a messy contract will impact their impression of you. If your goal is to look professional and be taken seriously, having a tightly written contract is important.

I really don't think that most people will consider that clause enough to change their opinion of someone's prefessionalism, but whatever. To the OP--If you're going ot put it in your contract just add it into the policies section if you have one, or delivery info or whichever section of your contract you think is most relevant.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%