Cake Assembly!

Decorating By apie08 Updated 13 Sep 2012 , 6:13pm by jonitagordon

apie08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apie08 Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 12:30pm
post #1 of 6

Can anyone please tell me how this cake has been assembled, I first thought it was maybe hidden pillars but don't think that would allow enough room for the flowers between the tiers. Cake is due this Saturday so any instructional guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank youicon_smile.gif
LL

5 replies
trebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trebakes Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 12:42pm
post #2 of 6

I think the flowers are placed around dummies. HTH

Crazboutcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazboutcakes Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 12:53pm
post #3 of 6

it looks like it would use this stand it comes from Wilton

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=6568490B-9DFD-FB09-52BC1F86102E86E5&killnav=1

hope it helps.

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 3:26pm
post #4 of 6

Today is Thursday and cake is due Saturday?

Right. Some people take orders for cakes assuming that other people will teach them after the fact...This assembly is featured on MANY online sites as well as in most recent books.

apie08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apie08 Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 5:39pm
post #5 of 6

Well BakingIrene, it clearly showes from your post to my topic that you will never be the giant.

And many thanks for those with helpful suggestions, they were greatly appreciated.

Am fully prepared to construct my cake was just looking for some last minute ideas on how to get more room between the tiers.

jonitagordon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonitagordon Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 6:13pm
post #6 of 6

I use the Wilton Towering Tiers stand for cakes with this setup, works great! Grab one at your nearest Michael's or JoAnn's and you'll do fine! Best Wishes & post a pic!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%