Organizing Help

Decorating By JackieDryden Updated 14 Sep 2012 , 8:17pm by inspiredbymom

JackieDryden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JackieDryden Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 2:27am
post #1 of 7

So my son went off to college and now I have his empty (or almost empty) room just sitting there and want to convert it to my decorating room. Anyone have tips, ideas, or suggestions on organizing cake stuff? I would like to keep all my small things like tips, stamps, stencils, colors, ect in there with a work station. Right now my dinning table is my work area and I hate that it is always covered with cake stuff. I do have a seperate room (very small) that I have shelving for my pans and stands, but no working room. Thanks!

6 replies
JackieDryden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JackieDryden Posted 13 Sep 2012 , 7:47pm
post #2 of 7

no great ideas no tips on how to organize really??

cakestars Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestars Posted 14 Sep 2012 , 4:13pm
post #3 of 7

I have a small space in my laundry room for all of my cake supplies. I bought shelves from Michaels that are stackable. I used two of them - each have two shelves. I have my cricut cake stuff on one shelf. My cake boards/turntables, etc on the top. There's space underneath that I store my cake decorating caddy, my melting bowls and my scale. On the other shelves I went and bought containers and labeled them with what's inside. Have fun!

inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 14 Sep 2012 , 4:25pm
post #4 of 7

I am not good at the organizing thing because of limited space. I use plastic locking plastic boxes for things like tools and dust/brushes, cutters, couplers, colorings. That is in one area. Then I have cake boxes and boards downstairs. Cake supplies for our retail upstairs. Large items in the pantry. I would love to have it all together! One lady I know that has done this for decades, showed me her closet that had shelves from top to bottom, all sides. Then she had a HUGE rolling tool box with all of the drawers. She knew what she had in all of them! Envy.......

Zuhlay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zuhlay Posted 14 Sep 2012 , 4:25pm
post #5 of 7

There was a previous post of how someone had all their cake stuff really organized using sterilite drawer carts and a craftman's tool cart but I can't seem to find the tread. Everything just looked so organized.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 14 Sep 2012 , 5:09pm
post #6 of 7

Plastic boxes sold for beads or scrapbook-making supplies with many little compartments are good for storing piping tips.

inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 14 Sep 2012 , 8:17pm
post #7 of 7

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-49039-0.html

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=748325&highlight=organise+organize

I can't get this to post as a link, but these are two that talked about organizing. The first one shows the pictures of her "room" and the other was another forum post that included a link to her post as well. HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%