Miniature Cake Pan ???

Baking By Cookies4kids Updated 28 Aug 2012 , 11:59pm by shanter

Cookies4kids Posted 28 Aug 2012 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 5

I am searching for pans to make the kind of miniature cupcakes that you buy from store bakeries. They have sides that are straight up and down, not tapered, and the bottoms are wider. What I can buy from regular stores are more like mini tart pans---called mini muffin pans. I need to do 300 of these for a fundraiser for handicapped kids, and what I have doesn't work. Because the bottoms are so small and the sides are tapered out, the cupcakes tip over easily. I would appreciate any help with this problem.

4 replies
BakingIrene Posted 28 Aug 2012 , 7:06pm
post #2 of 5

Actually, bakeries use the same pans as what you have seen, but the paper cups are stiffer and so the sides don't taper.

Lynne3 Posted 28 Aug 2012 , 7:11pm
post #3 of 5

I got mine from
They come in all shapes and are great

shanter Posted 28 Aug 2012 , 7:29pm
post #4 of 5

There are 3-inch pans:

But since you have so many to make, see

Cheaper but not as tall and not as many "holes":

This pan looks like it has fairly straight sides:

shanter Posted 28 Aug 2012 , 11:59pm
post #5 of 5

You can bake in these paper cups, $14.95 for 100:
or slightly larger:
or these:

Quote by @%username% on %date%